Description

Inexpensive, yet fun and stylish party ideas and designs to keep you out of the dog house
and ensure that you aren't a broke dog!







Saturday, November 6, 2010

Scrapbook Event - girl time




Okay, so let me just say, YES, I know it is lame, but ONE of my fav movies of all times is Goonies.  The only thing I can figure is that I can relate to the Goonies.  They were from a small town.  They were a group of friends that had a lot of history between them.  And they were about to be forced to move away from one another.  Everything in their lives was about to be changed.  They had the opportunity through one last adventure to fight to keep things the way they were. 

 

The goonies were a group of multi-faceted albeit nerdy and goofy kids who came together.  They related to and protected one another.  Why do I love them so much?  It's a great reminder to fight for those things worth fighting for!  I recently got strange looks and comments from my family when I asked my sister's new boyfriend if he was a goonie..  He didn't understand and I wasn't going to give him the answer... 

 

You see, whether or not you are a goonie is important.  (And for the record, yes I know I'm over 30, move on, this is my thought here!)....  If you are a goonie, you are accepting of people, without judging them at first glance.  If you are a goonie, you don't sit back and let your life be destroyed, you take action to find a way to stop it.  If you are a goonie, you don't look at why you can't...  YOU DO!  Goonies never say DIE!  They work together so they can STAY together!  I will admit my feelings were hurt when even my brother and sister didn't understand and questioned why I would even ask someone that...  I pray someday they will realize....  why being a goonie was important to me and how tough it is when you look behind you and you realize you are alone and not understood. 

 

Anyway, on to fun Goonie stuff.  So my bestie Donna and I go to a scrapbooking weekend each year.  This year the theme is Scrapping gone Hollywood!  A few years ago I planned my own Movie themed b-day party, so I am going ALL OUT!  And Goonies will be my theme! 

 

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

 

If u were to see the whole dusplay area you will see that I have a shirt signed by Jeff Cohen, Chunk in the movie. 

 

I went to Astoria a few years ago when I had to go to Portland for a conference and I picked up a pamphlet - Movies in Astoria - do you know that they shot scenes from Kindergarten Cop, Short Circuit, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Ring there as well as Goonies. 

 

The year after I went was the 20th anniversary of the movie so I ordered a commemorative cup and dubloon from the Chamber of Commerce. 

 

My bestie Susan got me 2 Goonies shirts!  :)  I'm letting Donna borrow one...  Don't worry, I'll make sure I get it back Suz! 

 

I have been working on a treasure chest for Princess Parties, so of course it gets to come...  I mean, what good is it to have a search for treasure movie if you don't have any TREASURE?!?!?! 

 

Well, hope you have enjoyed this stroll down memory lane..

 

Hot Diggity, I'm a GOONIE and LOVING it!

:)  Kelley


P.s.  If u r wondering why Jar Jar Binx is behind me I brought him along for the ride. What's a Hollywood themed event without such a celebrity?!?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment