Description

Inexpensive, yet fun and stylish party ideas and designs to keep you out of the dog house
and ensure that you aren't a broke dog!







Sunday, October 3, 2010

My first post!!!

This first post is one to honor my dear friend Carrie.  We met working for the same company, yet lived in different cities.  She was the receptionist at our headquarters office (in Maryland) so I spoke with her several times a day...  She has such an upbeat attitude it was a blessing to talk to her each day.  And then, Breast Cancer struck.  Carrie handled treatment and therapy with such courage and grace.  Honestly, cancer has touched me before, but never breast cancer.  She was treated and healed.  And our friendship grew over the time and miles.  :) A few years ago she even came to Arkansas for our Race for the Cure.  This summer we met at the home of another co-worker (Susan) for a few days of grown up summer camp (in Kentucky).  That is when I found out that her 50th birthday was coming up in November.  Long story short, I took over her invitations. 

She wanted a mad hatter party...  You got it girlfriend!

Inside...  Yes, it is all glittery!

A stamp from cow town stamps - Carrie loves the cows!!!

A little surprise I found for Carrie's party at Tuesday morning, how cool is that?!?!?
 Well, there you have it!  Love you Carrie!  Hope you love your invites!  And to my new online family, thanks for taking a peek.  I pray I won't let you down!  ;)

Hugs and Prayers,
Hot Diggity - Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Kelley, I got goose bumps reading your post... I always get goose bumps and teary eyed when reminded of my journey through breast cancer and the fabulous Angels that gathered to support me and still do!

    I am so totally blessed and honored to be your first blog on Broke Dog Party and Design...considering October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and my beautiful, unique invitations are PINK just makes it all the more significant! I love the hand crafted invitations that you created for me…so much that I don’t want to send them out!

    I love you girlfriend! and your family and your lovable dogs, too!

    cows & kisses,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete